FLIR Systems has unveiled its new-generation E-Series range of compact thermal imaging cameras - packed with new features like WiFi and Bluetooth. connectivity, Touch-Screen and iPhone App – to maintain its leadership status in the predictive maintenance and building inspection IR markets.
Available in three different ‘point and shoot’ models – E40, E50 or E60 for electrical and industrial and a bx range for building - the totally re-designed handheld cameras are lightweight and, according to FLIR, 'very competitively priced.'
FLIR is describing the new range as 'the best performing and value for money compact thermal imaging cameras ever produced that are designed to fit both your IR inspection program and neatly in the palm of your hand.'
Designed for those looking for high quality resolution, FLIR E-Series has more user-friendly features like MeterLiNK, large 3.5" LCD screen and the ability to communicate findings efficiently and easily using Bluetooth. Weighing in at 800g (lightest in class) and tested to survive and maintain accuracy after a 2m fall to concrete, FLIR says the 'E-Series range is the best performing value-for-money IR cameras available, made 'tough' to stand the rigors, shocks and vibrations of daily use'.
Roger Christiansz, Managing Director FLIR Systems Australia says: 'The E-Series are new-generation IR cameras with all the mod-cons and class-leading features you would expect from FLIR.'
E-Series model summary:
- FLIR E40/E40bx – 160 X 120 IR resolution (19,200 pixels), 70mK NETD, 2.72 mrad, zoom X 2
- FLIR E50/E50bx – 240 X 180 IR resolution (43,200 pixels), 50mK NETD. 1.82 mrad, zoom x 4, thermal fusion, scalable PiP
- FLIR E60/E60bx – 320 X 240 IR resolution (76,800 pixels), 1.36 mrad, instant report, extra battery, headset
Key E-Series features include:
- Superior thermal imaging – Up to 76,800 pixels (320 X 240) for better long-range accuracy and the highest level of point & shoot camera IR resolution
- Improved Digital Camera – 3 megapixel resolution provides clearest visible light pictures in its class and includes bright LED lamp that doubles as a flashlight
- Large, bright landscape touch-screen – the E-Series touch-screen provides an intuitive interface that takes full advantage of the entire 3.5" display with no image cropping
- Wi-Fi Connectivity – send images and data to an iPhone(R) or iPad(R) to share reports and critical information quickly using
- FLIR View AppLaser Pointer – pinpoints a reference spot with a laser and aligns a marker to it on the image for precise detection
- Accurate Temperature Measurements – Accuracy calibrated within 2 per cent or +/– 2 degrees C
- Scalable P-i-P and Thermal Fusion – Overlay thermal and visibleimages for easy location identification and clearer documentation
- Multiple Measurements – Add up to 3 box areas and 3 moveable spots using the touch-screen to gather more detailed temperature information
- MeterLiNK – wirelessly transmit vital diagnostic data from clamp and moisture meters directly to the camera for annotating thermal images to further support findings and decisions
- Annotation – Add voice comments via Bluetooth headset and text notes from the touch-screen keypad
- InstantReport – Generate a professional PDF document directly from the camera right on site
The E-Series is small, light, and rugged with large easily operated backlit buttons and six palette choices.
The FLIR Ebx models for building inspections include features like 3.5" touch-screen, built-in insulation and dew point alarms making them ideal for moisture detection, plumbing problems, HVAC heating and cooling, air flow and much more. In addition to specific markets such as planned maintenance inspections of electrical and mechanical systems, FLIR has major plans for E-Series to boost its market share in education, science, law enforcement, marine and veterinary sectors.
Infrared cameras detect, spot and measure temperature differences over entire surfaces, which develop in virtually all electrical mechanical and building applications measuring temperatures which can vary from -20 degrees C to +650 degrees C. The use of thermal imaging in preventative maintenance can avoid cost-intensive failures, equipment damage and energy leaks.
Roger Christiansz: 'E-Series is a successful combination of strong industrial design and lightweight materials. The result is a camera that is ergonomically a pleasure to use and one that will not weigh you down as you go about your business, whatever the application.
'We expect demand for the E-Series to come from a wide spectrum of sectors including manufacturing, R & D, automotive, electronics, logistics, renewable energy, construction and HVAC all looking for value for money, user-friendly thermal imager rugged enough to take it and still deliver superior image quality.'
FLIR E-Series boasts a host of new features including:
- Thumbnail JPEG image gallery
- High thermal sensitivity Accuracy ± 2 per cent and 0.1°C
- Long life battery 4 hours
- Fusion Picture-in-Picture (P-I-P)
- Copy images to USB
- Thermal fusion (E40/E50)
- Instant reports (E60)
- Text and voice annotations
- Transmit images to smart iphone or tablet PC