FLIR IR windows are tested by reputable labs to international safety standards for enclosures that house dangerous electrical and mechanical parts.
This includes the following
- Testing the seals when installed on a flat panel
- Ensuring that mechanical forces (vibration, impact, and load) don't enable access to live electrical components
- Testing the strength of the installation system
- Testing frame integrity during common equipment failures (arc flash, mechanical breakdown)
- Effect of climate on frame and seals
- Long-term integrity of frame and seals
FLIR IR Windows meet end application safety requirements for medium and high voltage switchgear (above 600V).
Opening electrical cabinets to perform IR and visual inspections of live components is dangerous work, exposing technicians to the risk of a hazardous arc flash incident. Now you can put the added safety of new FLIR IR Windows between you and energised equipment and eliminate the need for opening enclosures.
FLIR IR Windows is compatible for all thermal cameras.
Much easier to install and use than other brands, FLIR IR Windows helps you work faster with greater confidence, perform inspections more efficiently, reduce the threat of arc flash injury and stay in compliance with NFPA 70E regulations .
All FLIR IR Windows feature a secure, permanently-hinged cover that
opens easily with one hand, which means there's nothing to remove, drop or lose.
FLIR's broadband crystal lens allows cameras to capture visible light pictures as well as thermal images. It also allows LED and laser illumination to pass straight through for clearer visual assessments.
Combine FLIR IR Windows with a FLIR thermal camera that features integrated visible light video, lamps, and a laser pointer and you'll be able to get the job done single-handedly.
- FLIR IR Windows install quickly and securely using the same design as common conduit connections:
- Only one hole to create for each window
- One simple PIRma-Lock™ ring nut to tighten
- Uses standard punch tools for hole knockouts – 2", 3" or 4"
- Tried and true locknut technology makes FLIR's locking ring an IR window first:
- Teeth lock tight to the inside of the panel
- Automatically grounds metal components
- No screw holes required that might later strip out
Quick Access Hinged Cover
- Simple thumb screw releases the permanently-hinged IR window cover:
- Easy, flip-open hatch for faster scans
- Prevents dropping, mix-ups, and loss
- Inside label for permanent identification
Broadband Crystal IR Window
- Lens encased in rugged, anodised aluminum frame allows indoor and outdoor scans:
- Transmits short, mid and longwave IR images
- Supports visual inspections and fusion features
- Lets laser pointers and illumination shine through
Greater Productivity and ROI
- Significantly reduces inspection time for more efficient assessments within NFPA 70E guidelines:
- Requires only one person instead of three
- Eliminates need for cumbersome PPE
- Helps reduce vast majority of arc flash triggers
- FLIR backs IRW-Series windows with comprehensive testing and a limited lifetime warranty:
- Meets UL, KEMA, and TUV standards and ratings
- Withstands arcs, vibration, and extreme humidity
- Limited Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects
|Model Number||FLIR IR Window|
2" - IRW-2C
|FLIR IR Window|
3" - IRW-3C
|FLIR IR Window|
4" - IRW-4C
|NEMA Environment Type||Type 4/12 (outdoor/indoor)|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||260°C|
|Crystal Insert Diameter||50mm||75mm||95mm|
|Viewing Aperture Diameter||45mm||69mm||89mm|
|Viewing Aperture Area||1590mm²||3739mm²||6221mm²|
|Optic Maximum Temperature||1355.6°C|
|Body Material||Anodized Aluminum|
|Required Hole Diameter (Nominal)||(60.3mm)||(88.9mm)||(114.3mm)|
|Broadband IR -- Short-, Mid-, & Longwave||x||x||x|
|Visible Light Spectrum||x||x||x|
|Picture-in-Picture & Fusion Image Blending||x||x||x|
|Ratings & Testing|
|Underwriters Laboratories (UL 50V)||x||x||x|
|UL 50 Environment||Type 4/12|
|CSA Certification, Product Class 3211 07||x||x||x|
|KEMA (IEC 62271-200)||Arc flash test standard: 5kV, 63kA for 30 cycles at 60Hz|
|TUV (IEC 60529)||IP67|
|TUV (IEC 60068-2-6)||100 m/s^2 vibration withstand|
|TUV (IEC 60068-2-3)||15-day extreme humidity withstand|
|TUV (ANSI/IEEE C37.20.2 section A3.6)||Impact Resistant Cover|
|Maximum Pullout Strength||657 kg (1450 lbs)||1655 kg (3650 lbs)||1678 kg (3700 lbs)|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty Against Manufacturer Defects|
For more information please contact us.