- A standard feature on all new JK Series lasers, both pulsed and continuous-wave
- Complete field-retrofittable upgrade packages available for all prior generation JK700 Series lasers
- Plug-In Pre-Aligned (PIPA) coupling eliminates manual fiber alignment, reducing fiber change time requirements from hours to minutes
- Patented termination design helps eliminate back reflection problems when welding highly reflective materials
- Integral fiber monitoring system
- Optional BendLock for robotic applications
- Standard fiber-optic lengths are 5, 10, 15, 30 and 50m
A Better Fiber-Optic Beam Delivery System
The new, robust Luminator' fiber-optic system from GSI Group provides reliability, performance, and ease of use at a level not previously available to the users of industrial lasers.
The system's patented terminations, closed- loop feedback, flexible design, and resultant decrease in required maintenance provide users with a significant reduction in cost of ownership over current design offerings.
Full Power Welding Without Back-Reflection Risk
With patented terminations at each end of the fiber-optic cable, the Luminator system allows users to process highly- reflective materials at full power without risk of harming the equipment or the fiber optics due to back reflection.
During laser welding or drilling, 80-90% of the laser's light can be reflected back onto the fibers until the target surface breaks down, potentially causing fiber damage. To safely handle such back reflection, the patented LuminatorTM technology channels the reflected laser light via a capillary tube away from the fibers and into the beam dump.
The light routed to the beam dump is continuously monitored. If the amount of back reflection generated exceeds acceptable limits, the closed-loop monitoring system triggers an automatic shut-down to protect the fibers from unacceptable and expensive damage.
This innovative feature makes it realistic and cost-effective to do high-power welding applications utilizing fiber-optic beam delivery. It also permits full processing normal to the workpiece, without the need for cumbersome angled welding techniques.
Field Upgrades Available
Field-retrofittable upgrade kits are available for the following JK700 Series lasers:
- JK701H, JK702H, JK703H, JK704H
- JK500, JK1000, and JK2000: without time share (single fiber only)
Upgrade Kit includes:
- Input module for both single and multiple fiber applications, where applicable
- Luminator Focus Head
- Fiber-optic cable as required