- Capacitive tracking of metallic surfaces with 25mm of travel
- Programmable stand-off of 0.5mm to 2.0mm Rugged stainless steel industrial design Crash avoidance technology
- PLC-based control with self diagnostics
Introducing The JK Robotic Cutting Head
The Rem Robotic Cutting Head is an auto-focus robotic end-effector designed and manufactured by GSI Group for use with the .7K Series of lasers. It is designed for use in automotive or other advanced manufacturing industrial environments where demands on quality and production are extremely high.
The unique right-angle design of the .7K Robotic Cutting Head has many processing benefits. First, the overall height is less than 290mm which allows access within tight areas. Second, there are provisions for an optional CCTV monitoring system that views through the nozzle tip This feature is a benefit when programming complicated components. Third, stress and wear on the fiber-optic is minimized because the fiber tends to follow up the robot arm.
These features combine to form a compact cutting head with capabilities unmatched in the industry.
The cutting head tracks the surface of the part with a capacitive sensing circuit that monitors the tip-towork distance. The signal from this sensing circuit is fed back to a servo that adjusts the head within its 25mm of travel to maintain laser focus and optimal laser performance. Unaffected by process spatter, debris and plasma, the cutting head provides maximum process stability by compensating for variations in the part and the motion of the robot.
The controller for the JK Robotic Cutting Head consists of a PLC, drive amplifier and power supplies. (The capacitive sensing circuitry is located remotely in the cutting head which improves sensing performance.) The PLC based control monitors the performance of the cutting head, establishes limits of travel, monitors the temperature of the head in two locations and provides all robot I/O. Patented crash- avoidance features include Z-axis crash, retracted proximity crash, extended and retracted limit crash and tip-contact-while-in-teach crash.
All of the cutting head functions are selected exclusively through the robot interface with no user adjustments or re-calibrations required. Remote monitoring of the cutting head performance, temperature, standoff, fault conditions and crash conditions are available to the robot with only 8 digital I/O points and a single analog output. Separate dry contacts are available for shutter interlock and robot crash interlock.
- Re-collimating lens: 100mm
- Focus lens: 60mm or 80mm
- Focus spot size (calculated):
- With 600pm lbw; 360pm and 480pm
- With 400pm lbw; 240pm and 320pm
- Overall height in teach position - (without CCTV option): 272mm
- Cutting head weight:
- (without mount) 4.0Kg
- Nozzle tip orifice:
- 1.5mm or 1.75mm
- Compatible with
- AM Series Lasers
- JK Series Lasers
- Electrical supply
- Auto-ranging from 110VAC or 220VAC single phase with earth ground. 85-132VAC (110 range), 170-264VAC (220 range), 47 to 63 Hz.
- Interface inputs
- 8 sinking or sourcing bi-directional opto-coupler, 20-28VDC, 6mA at 24VDC
- Interface outputs
- 8 sinking or sourcing hard contact relays, 5-30VDC, 1A max
- Interlocks (shutter and crash)
- Isolated hard contact relay 12-28VDC, 12-250VAC, 7A max
- Stand-off distance: 0.5mm to 2.0mm
- Max travel speed. 100mrn/s
- Travel distance: 25mm
- Assist gas
- 6mm tubing or 1/4" NPT fitting - Max pressure 120psi
- Purge gas
- - 4mm hose
- - 3psi of filtered, dry air
- Water cooling
- - Water supply available from Laser cabinet 6mm polyurethane tubing
- Tool kit
- CCTV camera system
- Robot mounting bracket
- External crash detection mount