Improve flotation circuit stability by implementing tight level control.
"The past 12 months has been a very rewarding period… The transition to full-scale production, although not without many issues associated with treating a complex polymetallic ore, has occurred relatively smoothly and by year end the project was producing all concentrate products at above feasibility expectations. In addition, the treatment facility at Mt Garnet ended the year exceeding its nameplate throughput by some 30 per cent." Kim Robinson, Executive Chairman (taken from his Letter to Shareholders, FY2004 Annual Report)*
- Review existing control loop configuration
- Add feed-forward compensation, signal filtering and valve characterisation as required
- Assist with commissioning of new field equipment (pinch valves, pulp level measurement)
- Tune feedback and feed-forward loops for startup and normal operation.
- Tight level control achieved with proven loop-tuning and control techniques
- Complete implementation in plant distributed control system (DCS). (No specialist software required.)
- Successful transfer of process control skills to site personnel.
- Mt Garnet treatment facility commissioned using ore sourced from the Surveyor deposit.*
- Metallurgical performance of the treatment facility now exceeding feasibility estimates for recoveries of all metals and throughput.*
- Overall profitability increased due to plant stability.
*FY2004 Kagara Zinc Annual Report