28 June, 2011
MIPAC has been contracted through Xstrata Technology to design and commission a plant-wide control system which is a major component of the upgrade to the Kazzinc Ust-Kamenogorsk zinc, lead and copper complex in Kazakhstan.
- Supply new plant designers with consistent measurement and control design standards for use across the plant
- Design and configure the plant-wide Emerson DeltaV distributed control system
- Design and supply electrical control and instrumentation for the new ISASMELT™ lead and copper plants and the IsaProcess copper refinery.
- Development of an in-house software tool to reduce work effort and increase accuracy and consistency of translations
- Use of an integrated design package to execute detailed design work and automatically generate items such as drawing, spreadsheets and reports
- Kazzinc will be able to increase the efficiency and profitability of their electro-refining operation; improve operator safety and produce larger amounts of high-quality copper cathode with the same levels of input
- Implementation of a new wireless cell condition monitoring solution in the copper refinery - MIPAC’s CellView® solution.