Kempe is a leading global specialist provider of innovative engineering solutions and asset services for the aluminium smelting, major resource and other major industries.
Kempe’s multi-level diverse range of engineering products and services are delivered across four business divisions:
- Technology, Engineering & Construction (equipment supply & turnkey projects).
- Manufacturing, Precision Spare Parts & Components.
- Maintenance & Asset Services including Sustaining Capital Works.
- Fluidpower, Industrial Products & Services.
Business and Technology Need
To manage the financial and operational aspects of the business, Kempe was using separate systems which proved to be unreliable and out of date and made timely, accurate financial reporting almost impossible.
The existing software could no longer accommodate the company’s continuing growth. They needed a business software solution that was customisable, secure and would take them into the future.
After considering a range of enterprise systems including SAP, Great Plains, Sage, Pronto, M1, Mex and Greentree, the company decided to go with Microsoft Dynamics AX.
“Microsoft Dynamics AX has delivered everything we asked for. It’s taken our business to the next level by significantly improving financial and operational management” Kempe- Kris Rendevski – Operations Director
Kempe now has one centralised, integrated solution that stores information in real time. Managers can access reliable data to help them better manage operations and support business growth. Administration is now consolidated into one location enabling better financial management and effectiveness.
- New sites and local functionality can be added easily. As a result, it supports the organisation’s expansion
- strategy, helping it to cost-effectively open and acquire new business units.
- Significantly reduce cash collection cycles.
- Increased Inventory accuracy from 7% error rate to 0.6% at 2008 stocktake.
- Accurate data means managers have improved insight into supply and demand and can more easily identify
- areas for change or improvement.
- Productivity and sales gains achieved due to accuracy of reporting and reduction in administrative errors
- Reduction and identification of Inventory “dead stock” by 25%.
- On time accurate accounts across many business units.
- Ability to control larger, complicated, international project work.
- Security knowing business data is reliable and accurate.
“DynamicFit has strong business knowledge in Project Management, Distribution and Manufacturing which made them stand out from the rest. Their single product focus of Microsoft Dynamics Ax and knowledgeable staff made working with them a pleasure. They are committed to supporting our business needs into the future.”
Kempe- Kris Rendevski – Operations Director