MIPAC has completed another process control package for the Xstrata Technology ultra-fine grind IsaMill™ at Kumtor Gold.
Together, MIPAC and Xstrata Technology are providing a platform to increase gold recovery for Kumtor Gold Company in Kyrgyzstan; the largest western-owned gold mine in the former Soviet Union.
Xstrata Technology selected MIPAC to design, supply and commission the project's instrument, electrical and control components.
- Interlocking and process control on Rockwell PLC platform provides for minimal operator interaction
- Diagnostics and sequencing permits a ‘one button, easy start” philosophy
- Interfaced to Foxboro DCS for remote monitoring and trending from control room
- Easily accessible local control via two panelview HMIs
- Device net architecture utilised for variable speed drive configuration and monitoring
- Remote dial-in access to ethernet network for monitoring and maintenance.
- With the IsaMill solution, MIPAC and Xstrata Technology have provided Kumtor Gold with a solution enabling significantly increased gold recovery rates
- The IsaMill controls provided by MIPAC will also ensure a more stable operation which will have a reduced impact on the natural environment.
The IsaMill is a high-intensity, high-efficacy grinding technology developed by Xstrata Technology, enabling some of the world’s largest, most complex mineral processing plants to improve plant recoveries. Selecting MIPAC and expanding the scope of the IsaMill offering to include instrument, electrical and control elements provides customers with significant operating value.
Click here to download project profile.