The Dominion KX II is an enterprise-class, secure, KVM-over-IP KXIIswitch that provides remote BIOS-level control of up to 64 servers. It raises the bar in KVM-over-IP technology with standard features such as Virtual Media and dual power – available on all models – that maximize performance, security, reliability and versatility.
Raritan's Universal Virtual Media lets administrators perform tasks such as installing software, transferring files and backing up data. A user can mount drives and media from the user's desktop to servers in the data center during a KVM session.
Our Virtual KVM Desktop™ allows users to scale a target server's display to any size, from thumbnails to full screen video. Transparent keyboard handling sends virtually every keystroke combination straight to the server, for a user experience that's nearly indistinguishable from an at- he-rack connection. Plus, it provides an intuitive user experience – whether the target servers are being accessed locally or remotely – through a common browser-based user interface. This interface supports the industry's widest range of operating systems and browsers.
The Dominion KX II also features Absolute Mouse Synchronization™, which reduces installation time and sets a new standard for mouse synchronization. Combined with high-quality, 1600 x 1200 video resolution, Virtual KVM Desktop and Virtual Media features, it provides the industry's most flexible and responsive remote user experience available. And with dual power supplies and dual gigabit Ethernet ports, both with automatic failover, the Dominion KX II is the most reliable digital KVM switch in the industry.
KVM Switch - Raritan Dominion KX2 232 Digital Architecture:
* The Dominion KX II consists of the KVM-over-IP switch and Computer Interface
* Modules (CIMs).
* Each CIM connects to the server's KVM ports and converts video signals for
* transmission of up to 45 meters over UTP (Cat5/5e/6) cabling. CIMs also provide keep-alive keyboard/mouse emulation.
* Dominion KX II offers KVM-over-IP capabilities for remote access, plus simultaneous local access for controlling servers at the rack.
* Remote users easily access Dominion KX II from Windows®, Linux®, Sun® or Mac® desktops via a wide range of Web browsers or standalone client via modem.
* Raritan's remote client software is automatically downloaded via Web browser; standalone versions of client software can be pre-installed for modem access.
* Dominion KX II provides its entire feature set out of the box: Virtual Media, AES encryption, dual power supplies and dual gigabit Ethernet ports with failover, SNMP, Syslog, as well as integration with LDAP, Radius and Active Directory® authentication.
Lowers costs, increases productivity while reducing mean-time-to-repair
* Deploy individually or integrate with any of Raritan's enterprise-wide data center solutions, using CommandCenter® Secure Gateway (CC-SG)
KVM Switch - Raritan Dominion KX2 232 Digital Brochure (.pdf) >>