The tracker emits a laser beam which is received by high quality reflectors. Once the beam is latched onto the reflector the tracker follows the reflector to the required position. High precision angle encoders and advanced laser technology is used to determine the position of the reflector.
These positions can then be recorded as points in the metrology software. Features such as lines, circles, slots, cylinders can then be created from these points and their dimensions such as diameters, lengths, angles can be determined.
There are two main models of trackers. The AT402 used for high precision ultra large volume measurement and the AT901 used for dynamic large volume probing and laser scanning measurement. Leica's reputation for absolute reliability and accuracy continues with these latest models.
Leica AT402 Laser Tracker
The Leica AT402 Absolute Tracker is a portable coordinate measuring machine (PCMM) that delivers extreme precision over ultra large distances. Its lightweight design and internal batteries allow for complete portability. It is the first tracker ever to have an IP54 rating which enables it to operate in the most demanding environment and still maintain the highest level of precision.
Click here to download product brochure
Features and benefits of Absolute Laser Tracker - Leica AT402
- IP54 sealed - Dust and Water proof. Independently certified IEC 60529 usage in even the most demanding conditions.
- Integrated environmental monitor - Automatic reading and updating of the environmental parameters avoids inaccurate calculations or wrongly input values.
- Cable-less design - By combining built in WiFi connectivity and on board battery power, the sensor can operate without any wires connected at all.
- Hot swappable battery operation - No need to worry about AC (mains) power - the sensor can run continuously with a new set of batteries able to be swapped in without interruption
- Automatic target recognition (ATR) - The ATR allows constant tracking and fine positioning with different reflector types to a typical radial volume of 320 m.
- PowerLock beam recovery technology - No need to worry about "breaking the beam": the tracker automatically locks onto the user providing up to 20% time savings over traditional laser tracker technologies
- Proven Absolute Distance Meter technology - The most accurate Leica Geosystems distance meter ever: The ADM has a resolution of 0.1 micron and a maximum uncertainty of 10 microns over a full 160 m radial volume.
- Quick Release tribrach and precision level to gravity sensor - A built in "survey grade" level to gravity sensor is combined with a simple three screw levelling quick release platform for quick and easy machine setup and relocation.
- Overview Camera - Integrated Overview Camera to allow on-line steering of the laser tracker for remote or fixed installations
- Extreme Portability - Extremely light and compact: 8.1 kg incl. controller, just over 290 mm tall Measuring where no other laser tracker can go. The controller stays out of the user's way, e.g. attached to the tripod.
- Leica Geosystems proprietary quadruple reading absolute angle detection system - The absolute angle encoders provide traceable ISO 17123-3 0.5" accuracy with a 0.07" resolution guaranteeing system accuracy over extremely long ranges.
- Power Over Ethernet - Due to its low power requirements the sensor can use POE+ technology that combines power and data into a single off the shelf Cat5 LAN cable.
For more information on Absolute Laser Tracker - Leica AT402, please call or use the enquiry box for a direct reply