A power station in Queensland, Australia recently commented: "Leakwise detectors are working very well and have been responsible for detecting small to large leaks in real time since installation. The system has directly contributed to the minimisation of on-site clean-up costs and potential environmental impact."
Leakwise Floating Oil Detector
The GE Leakwise range of floating oil on water detectors provide an easy to install, low maintenance solution to the detection of oil and hydrocarbon pollutants in retention pits and ponds.
As environmental concerns mount regarding our global water resources, Leakwise Hydrocarbon Sensor Systems provide state of the art solutions for the early detection and mitigation of water pollution events. The Leakwise range of oil sensors have been applied to oil refineries, seaport authorities, water municipalities and power generation facilities.
What a Leakwise Detector can do for you:
- Provides early warning by continuous, on-line detection of hydrocarbons on water starting at 0.3 mm of oil thickness
- Monitors build-up of hydrocarbons on water
- Provides linear measurement of hydrocarbon layers in the range of 1–200 mm or greater.
- Installs easily
- Operates virtually maintenance-free over extended periods of time
- Ensures reliable detection, regardless of:
- Coating of sensor with dirt or oil
- Changes in water salinity or temperature
- Variations in water table
- Certified for operation in hazardous areas
- Specifications and performance tested and approved by the German TÜV.
- Offers convenient, user-adjustable set points of "Low Oil" and "High Oil" for alarm and control
- Displays processor output with two relays and four indicator lights (water/air/oil/ sensor disconnect); optional outputs include 4-20 mA, RS-232/RS-422, a bar graph, and audio alarm
- Sends alarm and status messages via PTP radio, satellite, e-mail, or cellular communication with optional wireless sensor
HMA-POGC is the exclusive GE Leakwise channel partner in Australia and New Zealand. We supply Leakwise sensors to the Refining, Petrochemical, Power Generation and Industrial markets. HMA-POGC is able to adapt the systems to meet the requirements of your particular application. Please contact us for more information on our systems capabilities and how we can custom build a system to meet your requirements.