Level Sensor - Liquids level measurements
Sultan 2 - Acoustic Wave Technology
2 Wire Solids / Liquids level measurements to 60m (196ft)
Principle of Operations
The reflected signal is processed using specially developed software to enhance the correct signal and reject false or spurious echoes.
The transmission of high powered acoustic waves ensures minimal losses through the environment where the sensor is located. Due to the high powered emitted pulse, any losses have far less effect than would be experienced by traditional ultrasonic devices. More energy is transmitted hence more energy is returned. Advanced receiver circuitry is designed to identify and monitor low level return signals even when noise levels are high. The measured signal is temperature compensated to provide maximum accuracy to the outputs and display.
Primary Areas of Applications
- Waste water/water:
River level, wet wells, inlet screens, tanks, sumps, pump stations, water towers, dams, basin levels, chemical storage, etc.
Crushers, surge bins, ore passes, conveyor profile, blocked chute, stockpile, stackers, reclaimers, storage silos etc.
- Power Stations:
Boiler bunkers, raw coal bunkers, ash pits, fly ash silos, etc.
Food, Cement, Plastics, Grain, Chemicals, Paper, Irrigation, Quarries
The Sultan 234, is a non intrusive acoustic wave transmitter with flexibility, used for level measuring of liquids, slurries and solids.
- Power Supply
2 Wire Loop Powered
- Non contact measurement.
- Power supply flexibility allows for 2 wire loop power.
- Low cost per point.
- Wide range of communications: Devicenet, Goshawk, HART, Modbus, Profibus (Fieldbus & Profibus PA pending)
- Pump Control x5 pumps
- Auto compensation for dust, steam and losses.
- Protection class. IP67, NEMA 4x (IP68 Transducer)
- Programmable fail safe mode.
- High temp applications on request
- GSM/CMDA remote setup options/config.
- Differential and average level control (2 transducers).