Lime is pulverised limestone.
Lime is a conditioner of soil and plays an important part in rectifying the three key changes occurring in Australian soil.
- neutralises acidity
- replenishes humus
- is calcium rich.
Ten Benefits of Lime
- It is a major source of calcium (Ca), an essential nutrient.
- It corrects acidification.
- It reduces aluminium (Al) and manganese (Mn) toxicities which often occur at low pH.
- It improves fertiliser efficiency.
- It influences soil micro-organisms.
- It improves legume nitrogen fixation.
- It assists in balancing nutrients.
- It improves soil structure and promotes worm activity.
- It promotes organic matter decay.
- It improves livestock health.
To Know about Soil Nutrient Products- Lime Please click here