The proven linear circuit design provides pure output and long life.
These power supplies have been produced by Newmar for more than 25 years and are used in communication systems worldwide where high reliability in hostile environments is essential.
- Excellent Regulation and Ripple Spec: Output voltage maintained within 1% under all line and load conditions within rating; Ripple is less than 40 mV P-P. (12 volt) or 70 mV P-P (24-volt)
- Input voltage 115 or 230 VAC selected by slide switch on the front panel.
- Polyurethane conformal coated PC board and corrosion resistant heavy duty aluminium case with integral shock mounts assures survival in hostile environments
- Heat generated by semi-conductors is extracted and dissipated by large heat sink fins that maximise air contact for cool operation and long life of components.
- Supply and Load Circuit Protection:
- Overvoltage, current limit; (set @ 105% of intermittent rating), thermal overload and input/output fusing
- Thermally-activated cooling fan on "CD" units
- 105-125/210-250 VAC (selectable), 50-60 Hz derate to 50% output below 110 and 220 VAC
- 0-50°C, Derate Linearly From 100% @ 40°C To 50% @ 50°C Thermal shutdown @ 85°C Case temperature
- C.D. units 0-65°C, derate Linearly From 100% @ 50°C To 50% @ 65°C Thermal Shutdown @ 85°C Case temperature
- Intermittent: 20 minutes max on time, 20% duty
- Continuous: 24 Hours/Day 100% Duty
- Modify for use as a battery charger
- Output voltage adjust (see Output Voltage for range)
- Transfer relay for back up battery in event of power failure
Specifications (see above)
12 V models:
- 13.6 VDC (Internally adjustable 12.6-14.5 VDC)
- Ripple: 40mV P-P (@ 110-125 / 220-250 VAC input)
24 V models:
- 24.5 VDC (internally adjustable 21-27.5 VDC)
- Ripple: 70mV P-P (@ 110-125 / 220-250 VAC input)
Regulation all models: 1% Line and Load (@ 110-125 / 220-250 VAC input)
Option – Extreme Vibration Mounting Kit
The Extreme Vibration Mounting Kit is available to protect NEWMAR power converters from the extreme stresses of shock and vibration when mounted on high-vibration vehicles.
The kit (pictured) replaces the standard vibration kit provided with the unit and fits into the unit's mounting flange to act as a "super shock absorber" for electronics in high-vibe applications.
It is available to fit all NEWMAR units from 2 to 70 lbs. Specify KIT–L for units which weigh 2–15 lbs. and Kit–H for units which weigh 16-70 lbs.