Livestock Feed | Toxiblitz
Mycotoxicosis is caused by poisonous substances, mycotoxins, released by moulds or fungi growing within the animals' body. Moulds and fungi are common in animal feeds or in the dust, air or litter in intensive animal housing.
These substances grow most rapidly when relative humidity exceeds 75% and ambient temperature is above 20°C and include Aflatoxin, which is the most common cause, Cyclopiazonic Acid, Deoxynivalenol (vomitoxin), Ochratoxin, T2 and HT2 Toxin, Zearalenone & Penicillium
Mycotoxicosis may be suspected when a disease outbreak
- Has no readily identifiable cause
- Is associated with certain batches of feed
- Does not respond to antibiotics
- Is not readily transmissible.
Generally poultry are more susceptible to aflatoxin than other mammals. Ducklings are the most susceptible followed by turkey poults and chickens.
The most common effects of mycotoxicosis are:
- lower egg production
- low hatchability
- smaller eggs
- fatty liver syndrome
- poor growth
- lower feed conversion
- increased mortality
- increased susceptibility to bruising
- reduced carcass fat
- impaired blood coagulation
- impaired kidney function
- altered immune mechanism resulting in vaccine failures
- increased susceptibility to infections
- decreased ability to resist stress
The only safe level of fungal toxins in the feed is zero.
- is designed to inactivate and detoxify mycotoxins;
- restore and normalise intestinal pH after prolonged antibiotic treatment; and
- assist in controlling diarrhoea caused by dietary errors or food poisoning.
Toxiblitz remains evenly distributed throughout feed containing differing particle sizes and remains dispersed even during transport.
Toxiblitz particles actively seek the mycotoxins then expand and bind the molecules in the intestine of the animal rendering them harmless. The animal is unable to absorb them through the gut and they are excreted.
- is insoluble
- is effective at low concentrations
- produces no side effects
- may be safely used with all feed additives, vitamins and minerals
- is manufactured to a specific and consistently small particle size to ensure maximum distribution within the feed.