Load Restraint Training
This course has been designed to benefit transport drivers involved in the transportation of EWPs and covers all key aspects of safe loading, transporting and un-loading of various types of EWP equipment on rigid and semi-trailer trucks.
This Transport module is aligned with the National Transport Commission and RTA Load Restraint Guide and the Heavy Vehicle Driver's Handbook. The course is classroom based and is conducted at your site or ours.
- Common types of transport vehicles
- Load types, dimensions and calculations
- Site hazards
- Driver fatigue
- PPE and load restraint equipment
- Load dynamics and restraint methods
- Safe operating procedures and driver responsibilities
- Training DVD
On successful completion of training, participants will have the skills and knowledge to
- Calculate required load restraint
- Use appropriate lashing
- Safely load
- Secure and unload an EWP.
- Each successful participant will receive the EWPA Trained Operator Yellow Card marked ¡§T¡¨ for Transport.
Applicants must hold a current EWPA Trained Operator Yellow Card for Scissor Lift (SL) and Boom Lift (BL) modules. If you do not have your SL/BL Yellow Card, please see our discount offer below.
- 2-3 hours (approx depending on participants' skills, knowledge and group size)