Their mission is to produce digital signals with precise edge placement and amplitudes to meet a variety of digital stimulus needs, producing the streams of 1s and 0s needed to test computer buses, microprocessor IC devices and other digital systems.
- Data rates from DC up to 3.35 Gb/s and timing resolution down to 0.2 ps
- 96 channels and beyond
- Variable controls support stressed eye generation
- Built-in jitter generation
- Full complement of auxiliary inputs to synchronize and trigger between devices
- Pattern generator (PG) and data generator (DG) modes speed setup
- Compact form factor with modular, configurable architecture scales to changing needs
Features & Benefits of Logic Signal Sources - DTG5000 Series:
- Versatile platform combines features of data generator, pulse generator, and DC source
- Up to 3.35 Gb/s data rate
- From 1 to 96 Data Channels (Master/Slave)
- Class Leading Delay Resolution of 0.2 ps (DTG5274/DTG5334), 1 ps (DTG5078), up to 600 ns of Total Delay
- Modular architecture helps to protect your investment and allows the instrument to expand with your growing needs
- Advanced control over signal parameters to meet most current testing needs, including stressed eye generation
- External Jitter Injection (DTGM31, DTGM32 Modules)
- Level control with 5 mV resolution
- Variable edge slew rates (DTGM10 Modules)
- Easy to use and learn shortens time to test
- Easily Configure with Plug-in Modules
- Intuitive Windows user interface
- Bench top form factor
- Integrated PC supports network integration and built-in CD-ROM, LAN, floppy drive, USB ports
- Up to 64 Mbit pattern depth per channel for complex data patterns
Applications of Logic Signal Sources - DTG5000 Series:
- Semiconductor device functional test and characterization
- Support for semiconductor technologies from TTL to LVDS
- Initial verification and debugging, comprehensive characterization, manufacturing, and quality control
- Compliance and interoperability testing to emerging standards
- Serial ATA/2
- Magnetic and optical storage design
- Research, development, and test of next-generation devices (HDD, DC/DVD, Blue-ray)
- Data conversion device design
- Characterization and test of next-generation D/A Convertors
- Imaging sensor device design
- Characterization and functional testing of next-generation imaging devices (CCD/CMOS)
- Jitter transfer and jitter tolerance testing
New serial data standards, expanding networks, and ubiquitous computing continually redefine the cutting-edge of technology. The design engineer is challenged to economize without sacrificing performance.
The DTG5000 Series combines the power of a data generator with the capabilities of a pulse generator in a versatile, bench-top form factor, shortening the duration of complex test procedures and simplifying the generation of low-jitter, high-accuracy clock signals, parallel or serial data across multiple channels.
Its modular platform allows you to easily configure the performance of the instrument to your existing and emerging needs to minimize equipment costs. Three mainframes and five plug-in output modules combine to cover a range of applications from legacy devices to the latest technologies.
In addition, eight low-current, independently-controlled DC outputs can substitute for external power supplies. Each mainframe incorporates a full compliment of auxiliary input and output channels to easily integrate with other instruments, such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers, to create a flexible and powerful lab.