Mercury is among most abundant environmental pollutants which adversely affects ecological systems and human beings. It shows high toxicity, mobility, and ability of accumulation in trophic chains of water and continental biocenosis. Therefore, it is recognized to be one of the most hazardous global environmental pollutants.
RA-915+ Mercury Analyzer is a portable spectrometer designed for interference free analysis/monitoring of mercury content in ambient air, water, soil, natural and stack gases, chlorine alkali manufacturing, spill response, hazardous waste, foodstuff, biological materials.
US EPA validated high sensitivity and selectivity instrument that does not require gold amalgam pre-concentration and subsequent regeneration steps. This enables the user to conduct real time monitoring. Being combined with an RP-91 Cold Vapor accessory for water and RP-91C pyrolysis attachment for solid sample testing, the instrument is designed to determine mercury content in ambient air, water, soil, natural and stack gases, dental and medical testing and diagnostics, analysis of food and fish, etc. The detection limits being as low as 0.5 ng/m3 in air and 0.5 ng/l in water and 5 µg in soil.
• Direct detection of mercury without its preliminary accumulation on a gold sorbent
• Extremely low mercury detection limit and high selectivity
• Field operation from a built-in battery for mercury detection in atmospheric air and industrial gases
• Totally automated unattended stand-alone mode of operation for continuous monitoring of the environment for mercury pollution
• Ultra low mercury detection limit in water
• Streamlined design configured to a small-size and lightweight single portable unit
• Built-in microprocessor, LC display and computer interface for optional customized report output and storage in a stand-alone computer
• Optional attachments using the «cold vapor» technique for assaying water solutions and the pyrolysis with afterburning for assaying solid samples of complex composition