MACOR is available in round bar, sheet or rectangular bar.
- Is Machinable with ordinary metal working tools
- Allows Fast Turnaround – no firing required
- Holds Tight Tolerances – to 0.01 mm / 0.0005 in.
- Withstands High Temperature, up to 1000 °C
- Is Vacuum Compatible – no out-gassing and zero porosity
Coefficient of expansion - 100 x 10-7/ °C
Continuous operating temperature - 800 °C (1000 °C, no load)
Density - 2.52 g/cm3
Porosity - nil
Hardness - 48 Rockwell A
Flexural strength - 94 MPa
Dielectric strength - 40kV/mm
Volume resistivity - Over 1016 ohm-cm at 25 °C, over 107 at 400 °C.
Good resistance to common acids and alkalis, even at 95 °C.
The point is this:
When you need the performance of a technical ceramic – high use temperature, electrical resistivity, zero porosity – and your application demands the ready fabrication of a complicated shape, look for MACOR® Machineable Glass Ceramic.
MACOR is a registered trademark of Corning Incorporated.