With a typical delivery time of two weeks from the date of order, Control Components can locally build a custom designed Magnetic Visual Level Indicator (VLI) to suit even the most unusual process applications.
Unlike sight glasses, your liquid is always contained in strong metal casing so leakage through accidental damage is near impossible.
As the liquid level is transferred to the brightly coloured indication rail through the stainless steel chamber by a magnetically aligned float (refer operating principle .exe animation below), liquids that would typically cloud, coat or just not be visible through the glass sight gauge (e.g. diesel, resins or water) pose no challenge!
With a typical view distance of liquid level from well over 10m without the need of power, unlike many sensing approaches VLI’s are immune to froth / fumes / foaming and have floats that can be specifically calibrated for interface applications like oil on water.
From our local inventory we can build:
- Lengths: up to 6m in single piece construction, longer in multiple sections
- Materials: process connection, chamber and floats from 316 / 316L stainless steel. Lower cost Buna-N floats available also for diesel and non-potable water applications (NOTE: refer Weka 66000 for engineered plastic alternatives like U-PVC, C-PVC & PVDF)
- Pressure: vacuum up to 50 bar
- Density: as low as S.G. 0.6
- Temperature: -50 » 400°C
- Process connections: wide range of choice including flanges (ANSI, BS, DIN), male or female threads (BSP or NPT) or Tri-clover for food-grade application.
- Industrial units: ASME accredited welding to meet European PED standards including the option of non-destructive weld testing (dye penetration or X-ray) & full material certificates
- Indication rail: a wide range of colour choices including red / silver (standard), blue / silver, green / silver, green / red, black / silver (including high temperature), yellow / silver and more!
- Options: locally stocked switches (including IECEx Ex ia & now Ex d) and manufactured measuring scales / Safe Fill signs. Also available analogue level transmitters (4-20mA, Profibus, Foundation FieldBus or HART), isolation valves, Armaflex insulation or even heat tracing
We can even build top of tank variations for bunded tanks or applications where SIL requirements mean all tank connections must be above the liquid level.
When required, we can supply direct from Weka (Switzerland) high pressure units for up to 400 bar or VLI’s certified for NACE / marine approvals (e.g. Germanischer Lloyd, Bureau Veritas, American Bureau of Shipping and more). Copper Nickel (CuNi) units are available for applications which require 100 per cent sea water resistance.
With years of experience at building them, most challenges level indication challenges have already been tackled!