The following checklist should ensure that you benefit from our experience and expertise and can look forward to many years trouble-free continuous power from your UPS system.
- Ensure that the UPS is installed in accordance with the manufacturer's guideline and wiring regulations.
- Provide adequate clearance around the UPS for ventilation and maintenance access.
- Never position a UPS near water pipes or sprinklers.
- Avoid placing a UPS directly under an air conditioner.
- Do not smoke or allow naked lights in the vicinity of the UPS or its battery.
- Keep the room in which the UPS is situated dry, clean and dust free.
- Do not store or use corrosive materials in the vicinity of the UPS and never allow them to be introduced into the atmosphere in the UPS's room.
- Do not allow building or electrical work to be carried out near the UPS unless the machine has first been de-energised and covered.
- Thoroughly clean the room before re-energising the machine.
- To ensure optimum performance and life out of the UPS the ambient temperature in the battery cabinet/compartment should be maintained between 20 to 25 degrees centigrade.
- Ensure that ventilation/air conditioning is sufficient to cope with the heat dissipated by larger UPS and is capable of maintaining the UPS's room within recommended ambient temperature and humidity recommendations.
- Never connect the output of the UPS into the input of the UPS. Regularly perform a mains failure/battery discharge test.
- Consider fully the benefits of taking out a service contract on the equipment.
- Never attempt to service the equipment yourself as dangerous voltages exist within the system even when switched off.
- Refer all service and repair work to a professional service provider.