The FTX Series of transmitters can be manufactured to accept almost any industrial input and convert the measurement to a standard industrial current or voltage output.
Three port isolation is standard: eliminating ground loops and ensuring the FTX will work with any receiving device that can accept a sourced output.
The input is set up by means of a “personality card” which conditions the input and converts it to a linear smoothed isolated output.
The output can drive 20mA into any load from 0-1000 ohms and has a true voltage sourcing capability even into loads as low as 1000 ohms.
The output type and range are set by user adjustable DIP switches. A whole host of special output ranges have been developed over time including bipolar voltage and current outputs.
Features of Mann/Wiedmuller FTX & ITX Series Signal Converters & Isolators - FTX Series:
- Models available to suit most plant based measurements
- Complete input to output to power supply Isolation to 1.5kV (ac and dc)
- Switch selectable analogue output ranges
- Highly Accurate (0.1%)
- AC or DC powered
- Non-interacting zero and span controls
- Front panel mounted test points for output signal monitoring
- Wide zero and span adjustments
- Removable, screw-type, terminal blocks
- Compact metal housing