The UTX Series signal isolator/converters accept voltage or current inputs from field devices and provide an isolated voltage or current output.
Features of Mann/Wiedmuller UTX Series Signal Isolator/Converter:
- Auxiliary Powered
- Models to suit linear or square law signals
- 24Vdc power for active input devices
- Programmable digital filter
- Simple secure calibration method
- Easily calibrated to suit most input and output ranges
- Absolute value, reverse action, high limit and low limit functions
- LED status indication
- Complete Isolation to 1.5kV (ac and dc)
- Removable, screw-type, terminal blocks
- Compact metal housing
UTX Series Operation
You can change the switch settings and supply different voltages/currents during calibration to change the set-up. The switch settings allow you to select:
- Low limit clamp
- High limit clamp
- Absolute value function
- Digital filter constant
- Direct or reverse acting output
- Output type (current/voltage)
You can select the input type (current or voltage) by connecting the input signal to different terminals. Both the input and output ranges are determined by the calibration.
There are two models in the UTX Series. The UTXSCI has proportional outputs for linear signals. The UTXSRT accepts inputs from square law devices and produces an accurate linearised output. It also incorporates a low signal cut-out to prevent accumulated errors at low flow rates. The cut-out level is switch selectable.