As Building Information Modelling (BIM) is increasing adopted throughout Australasia, manufacturers are an important part of the overall BIM strategy for many projects.
Manufacturers and fabricators in the building and construction arena are increasingly required to provide their models for BIM data coordination.
However, whether you're just starting out with BIM, or have been using it for years, creating high quality and user-friendly content is a specialist skill that can be very time consuming. And spending time creating content takes you away from doing your core tasks.
One of the best ways for a manufacturer to become BIM ready is to engage our development team to create the content for you. This content can then be published in A2K Technologies' Design Content library for easy selection by designers to use in their projects.
You can see the many manufacturers that are already sharing their BIM-ready content in the Manufacturers section on the Design Content site.
What is Design Content?
A2K's Design Content is one of Australia and New Zealand's largest online content libraries.
Design Content provides access to 2D and 3D building information models for ANZ products. This includes manufacturer-specific and generic libraries suitable for architects, engineers (all disciplines), designers and specialist consultants/contractors.
We produce Revit, AutoCAD and ArchiCAD models and materials in the current and latest format – plus provide dimensionally-accurate representations of products, including schedulable data such as manufacturer product codes, performance ratings, finishes, and up-to-date specification information to increase efficiency and reduce errors during construction.
Design Content provides numerous benefits to manufacturers who need to become BIM ready:
- Achieve higher Level of Detail (LOD) requirements, often specified in BIM Execution Plans (BEPs), by using content created to the manufacturers' exact specifications.
- Embedded information in the content enables easier scheduling and specification.
- Better understand the options and functions of other manufacturers' products, with their various options built in.
- Appearance Assets are applied to materials for quick visualisation/rendering.
- Pre-setup catalogues provide quick selection and optimised file sizes.
- Smart content/better performance – smaller file sizes and more functionality means less families/content needs to be loaded.
- Content is maintained and updated when manufacturers change products, or new features become available in the BIM software.
Manufacturers' content is created to the ANZRS standards through an extensive QA processes. The library is designed to be as user friendly as possible and is updated monthly, with all new content tagged as 'New' for the first 30 days.
Meet A2K's Design Platform magazine
The Design Platform magazine (shown in the image above) is published twice a year in both print and online versions, and features a directory listing of all manufacturers in the Design Content library, plus a range of articles, Revit tips and tricks, white papers and more.