The model used to represent the modern manufacturing process consists of three distinct layers. The first (bottom) layer is Automation and Control Systems, which incorporates PLC and SCADA control.
The final (top) layer is Corporate Business Administration Systems, which consists of well-known enterprise packages such as SAP, JD Edwards and Prism.
The Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) layer binds the top and bottom layers together, creating a path for data and information from the factory floor to the corporate planning level.
Significant opportunities for process improvement and cost savings exist within this layer, such as...
- Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)
- Production Reporting & Analysis
- Downtime Reporting & Analysis
- Track & Trace
- Barcoding Systems
- Product Flow / Mass Balance
- Automated links to MRP / ERP / CMMS
- Production Scheduling
- Recipe Management
- Compliance & Validation
- Wastage & Rework
- Energy / Services consumption
- Replacement of Manual Paperwork
Controlsoft provides a complete range of MES services:
- Consulting and Systems Design
- Project Management
- Project Specification
- MES Software Development
- Installation and Commissioning
- Process Optimisation
- IT Services and Network Integration
- 24/7 Callout Service, including Remote Support
We aim to engineer MES solutions that leverage your existing archiecture - you've spent up on PLC & SCADA, now let's maximise the capability of your existing Plant Automation Systems.
We provide the full range of services, from initial consulting and specification, through installation and commissioning, to the use of the MES to optimise your process.