One, single-slot module contains up to 4 sources (1310, 1490, 1550, 1625 nm), integrated power meter and optional 2x2 optical switch for automated bidirectional testing.
Unlike the historically popular JDSU RX3000 meter, the mORL-A1 return loss measurement is based on time domain technology and is often referred to as “mandrel-free.” Mandrel-free technology dramatically reduces test time by relieving the users from making slow, difficult, manual terminations during both the set-up and execution of return loss measurements.
The mORL-A1 has been designed to exceed the measurement performance provided by our industry-standard RX3000 with 80 dB of return loss dynamic range, insertion loss display resolution of 0.001 dB, and measurement times as low as 6 s for two wavelengths. In addition, the mandrel-free technology also enables measuring the patch cord length.
The PCT (Passive Component and Connector Test) Application software provides user interfaces for both R&D and manufacturing and combines the mORL-A1 with all the necessary peripherals to speed and simplify workflow.
- Mandrel-free return loss measurements on fiber-optic patchcords as short as 70 cm
- Fast, compact solution with 1310, 1490, 1550 and 1625 nm laser and optional bidirectional option in a single slot
- Measures ORL on terminated bulkheads
- Ultra high IL measurement accuracy with display resolution of ±0.001 dB
- Flexible turn-key software platform for manufacturing testing
- Quick measure mode for R&D users
- 12 and 24 fiber MT ready with optical switch and integrating sphere option