Turret cardan shafts are used in many vessel applications such as engine to remote gearbox, gearbox to thrust bearings or over extended distances between engine and propulsion system.
Turret marine cardan shafts provide you the following features and benefits:
- Low noise - smooth operation
- Coated splines - fine tolerance, low friction, electrical isolation between flange ends
- High torque and angle capacity with compact design
- Maintenance-free design options available
- High speed stability
- Low operating temperatures
- Flanges - machined to suit your gearbox type
Cardan shafts can be designed and manufactured to suit a large range of length variations;
Short coupled series -
- Lengths from 180mm
- Lightweight. High performance designs to suit competition boats.
- Sliding spline designs
- Splined end yokes to suit waterjet propulsion.
Long series -
Long series driveshafts with support bearings allow for extended distances between engine & propulsion system.