- Whether powering a pleasure boat, or supplying everything from the engine to the propeller in larger vessels, we have experienced marine specialists to do the job.
- Our specialists understand that your marine power needs are important. That is why our Caterpillar marine engines offer superior reliability that are built to last.
- For efficiency, Caterpillar's four stroke-cycle design offer outstanding fuel consumption over the entire operating range.
- We have supplied and supervised the installation of propulsion systems in naval, coast guard, ferry service and many different types of work vessels, readily satisfying the requirements of governments and other large ship owners who require total propulsion systems.
- Our people work closely with marine architects and engineers to recommend the most efficient propulsion and auxiliary power systems for the vessel and our engineering department can provide any of the necessary engineering or installation drawings and technical backup.
- All CAT engine production facilities are certified with the ISO 9001 international quality standard certification, while all CAT marine engines meet the International Maritime Organisation's NOx regulations.
- Marine classification society certification is available for most marine engines/gears/generators and ratings.
- We work with 11 major marine societies and can provide the detailed information you need.
Marine engines are available in five rating classes, each tailored to your application:
- Ocean-going displacement hulls with constant, continuous loads. Up to 2,000 bhp/1491 kW.
- Displacement hulls that experience frequent slowing and some load cycling.
- Hull vessels and displacement hulls with load and speed cycling.
- Hull work vessels and bow thrusters.
- High performance pleasure craft.