Our long established position in feeding and micro-feeding and our technical know-how and facilities allow us to satisfy a great variety of customer requirements.
We take pride in having produced a competitively priced Micro-Batch Feeder of unsurpassable performance, with the additional benefit of being highly efficient and easy to clean.
The MBF Micro-Batch Feeder for continuous volumetric feeding of powdery or granular materials consists of a steel-reinforced SINT® engineering polymer body (optionally body entirely manufactured in stainless steel), a horizontally mounted rotating agitator tool, a feeder screw beneath the agitator tool, a feeder pipe enclosing the protruding feeder screw, one drive unit each for agitator and feeder screw.
Tests on product flow and material stress have been carried out to establish optimum body geometry. Agitator and feeder tool geometry and materials have also been tested before choosing an optimal steel and engineering SINT® polymer composite.
MBF series Micro-Batch Feeders are supplied in food-grade versions with FDA-approval on request.
MBF series Micro-Batch Feeders for powder and granular product feeding are particularly suitable for poorly flowing materials which tend to clog, along with adhesive products.
Fed through a bag opening hopper, a bulk bag discharger, or another feeding device, the agitator tool manages to keep the material flowing reducing at the same time the possibility of formation of lumps or bridges.
The size of the product particles is of utmost importance when choosing the type of feeder screw. For example, fine, heavy materials call for tapered screws with reduced pitch flights, while granular, lighter materials require standard pitch cylindrical screws.
Poorly flowing products with cohesion or bridging problems are homogeneously fed into the feeding zone by the blending shaft which is shaped according to the product properties.
Depending on the user¿s individual requirements, MBF Micro-Batch Feeders can be supplied with alternative feeder screws and blending tools and with various accessories.
MBF Micro-Batch Feeders have been successfully operating in the following industries: food, building, plastics, chemicals, packaging, environmental technology.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits
- Body in SINT® engineering polymer from a casting process complete with stainless steel end plates (alternatively entire feeder in stainless steel with all components being interchangeable with the SINT® version)
- Agitator and feeder tool with separate drive units
- 3 sizes available; feed rates from 3dm3/h to 4,000dm3/h (0.001 to 2.4 cfm)
- Internal geometry of the body guarantees free flow of difficult materials
- Minimum clearance between screw flight and feeder pipe ensuring high precision feeding
- Due to independent drive units possible to select different drive powers and speeds for blending shaft and feeder screw
- Wide range of interchangeable feeder tools in SINT® engineering polymer or stainless steel
- Flexibility in choice of micro-batch feeder most suitable for material concerned
- Vast range of interchangeable components
- Easy and quick maintenance due to small number of components
- High degree of homogeneity of the fed material
- Easy and quick cleaning due to engineering polymer non-stick surface and quick access panel
Options & Accessories
- Units in FDA-approved food-grade SINT® engineering polymer or completely in stainless steel
- ATEX zone 22 certification
- Vertical outlet
- Pneumatic activator / electric vibrator
- Feeding hopper to increase storage capacity (available with flow aids on request)
- Square bag feed hopper
- Round bag feeding hopper with separately driven vertical agitator tool for materials that tend to pack under pressure
- Feeding pipe liner in standard or food-grade SINT® engineering polymer
- Feeder entirely manufactured in stainless steel for food-grade requirements combined with ATEX conformity