All cylinders are designed and produced from start to finish by Berendsen's ISO accredited Cylinder Design and Manufacturing Facility in Newcastle.
Starting with computer assisted design and advanced 3D modelling, and progressing right up to machining, welding, assembly, paint and testing, our experienced and highly qualified artisans and CNC operators make use of the highest quality materials to produce the most durable cylinders available
Medium Duty Roundline Cylinders
Berendsen Fluid Power Roundline Cylinders are the first choice for a well engineered, medium duty
hydraulic cylinder for the diverse mobile and industrial applications. Designed with the aid of computer
generated calculations and drawings, the cylinders are manufactured in our dedicated manufacturing
facility in Newcastle
- Bore sizes available 4",4.5",5",6",7"and 8" with two rod sizes available with each bore size.
- Customer specified stroke lengths available from 10 mm to 1300 mm. Longer strokes are available, however, subject to individual design.
- Cylinders designed to operate at 210 Bar nominal and 250 Bar peak. Safety factor of 3:1 on yield at 210 Bar nominal pressure.
- Designed to provide a compactande conomical design.
- The cylinder barrel is manufactured from high strength grade SAE 1026 DOM tube. The bore
- is precision honed and polished to a 0.4 micron finish.
- The cylinder end cap and rear mounting clevis are welded to the Australian Standard AS4041
- "Pressure Pipe Welding Code". This ensures full adherence to qualified procedures and post
- weld ultrasonic examination.
- The piston rods aremachined from high strength carbon steel and hard chrome plates and ground to a 0.2 micron finish.
- A threaded gland facilitates assembly and disassembly and is torqued to preset limits. It houses a medium duty rod wiper to protect against contaminant ingress. It also houses a single acting rod seal and provides an extended bearing surface for longer life.
- The piston is tightened to a preset torque and scotch keyed for additional security. It housesa double acting piston seal with integral non metallic wear rings to prevent metal to metal contact.
- A range of rod end clevises is offered which includes spherical bearing options as well as male
- and female plain clevises.
- A wide range of Load Holding valve options are available including externally mounted block orthe option of having cartridge valves built into the endcap to reduce the possibility of damage. No
- increase to cylinder closed length (ie. 'x + stroke' dimension) with endcap built-in valve option.
- Standard ports are BSPP with machined spot face for face sealed fittings
For more information please contact us or use the IndustrySearch email enquiry for a technical consulant to call back.