Mobotix AG Megapixel IP Cameras
Mobotix has been producing megapixel cameras exclusively for many years now and is regarded as the global market leader for high-resolution video systems.
Why High-Resolution Systems?
The higher the resolution, the more accurate the detail in the image. With analog technology, a recorded image generally has no more than 0.1 megapixels (CIF). One single Mobotix Camera with 3.1 megapixels records around 30 times more detail. As a result, larger image areas with up to 360° allround views are possible, thus reducing the number of cameras and therefore the costs. For example, four lanes of a gas station can be recorded with one Mobotix Camera instead of four conventional cameras.
Disadvantages of the Old Centralised Standard Solution:
- Usually, cameras only supply the images while the processing and recording is done later on a central PC using expensive video management software. This traditional centralised structure has many limitations, since it requires high network bandwidth and the PC processing power is not enough for several cameras.
- An HDTV MPEG4 film already puts considerable strain on a PC, so how can it be expected to process dozens of high-resolution live cameras? Traditional centralised systems are therefore less suitable and unprofitable when compared with high-resolution systems due to the high number of PCs needed.
The Decentralised Mobotix Concept:
- Unlike other systems, with the decentralised Mobotix concept, a high-speed computer and if necessary, digitallong-term memory (MicroSD Card) is built into every camera, providing several days of recording time.
- The PC and the video control center now serve only for viewing and controlling the cameras (PTZ), not for analysis or recording. This makes it unnecessary to purchase expensive video management software, as the most important and computer-intensive functions are already integrated in the Mobotix Cameras.
Mobotix Video Solutions therefore require significantly:
- Fewer cameras due to the more accurate detail of wide-angle images with megapixel technology,
- Fewer storage devices, because in the decentralized system, 10 times the standard number of cameras can simultaneously store high-resolution HDTV video with sound on one PC/server.
- Lower network bandwidth, because everything is processed in the camera itself and the high-resolution images therefore do not have to be constantly transferred for analysis.
Robust and Low-Maintenance
- Mobotix Cameras do not require any lens or positioning motors.
- Without any moving parts, they are so robust that maintenance is reduced to a minimum.
- The unique temperature range from -30° to +60°C (-22° to +140°F) is achieved without heating or fan at only 3 watts power consumption.
- Since no PC hard disk is required for recording, there are no parts that wear out in the entire video system.
Software Included - For Life
- There are no software or licensing costs with Mobotix, because the software is always supplied within the camera - for an unlimited number of cameras and users.
- The software package supplied with the camera also includes a professional control center software used at soccer stadiums, for example.
- Updates are supplied free of charge on the website. The system price for a weatherproof camera including lens, query software and day-to-day recording on the SD card or NAS.