The Ultimate DC drive
Mentor MP is Control Techniques 5th generation DC drive and integrates the control platform from the world’s leading intelligent AC drive, Unidrive SP. This makes Mentor MP the most advanced DC drive available, giving optimum performance and flexible system interfacing capability.
Upgrading your control system
There are large numbers of DC motors in service throughout the world in various applications, the majority of which are easily capable of providing continued service. Upgrading your drive allows you to maximise the motor performance, enhance system reliability and interface digitally with modern control equipment using Ethernet and Fieldbus networks. Downtime is minimised as only the drive needs to be replaced.
Driving forward with DC technology
DC drive technology remains cost effective, efficient and is relatively simple to implement. For new solutions DC provides many advantages, especially for regenerative and high power applications.Applications
Our extensive expertise across a wide range of industries mean that we are the ideal partner for DC solutions.
Typical applications for Mentor MP include:
- Crane & hoist
- Test rigs & dynamometers
- Magnetic grabs
- Tyre & rubber
- Wire drawing
- Materials handling
- Fair ground rides
- Spindle drives
- Active front end for DC Bus connected AC Drive systems
- Unparalleled flexibility through the integration of Control Techniques AC control platform on a DC drive
- Maximum reliability achieved through unique protection system against poor industrial power supplies and lightning strikes
- Protected control circuits, galvanically isolated from the high voltage circuitry using unique patented (pending) technology
- System integration with modern communication networks including, Ethernet, EtherCAT and PROFIBUS
- Easy replacement for Mentor II with the same dimensions, power connection locations and easy to use software conversion tools
- 6, 12 and 24 pulse systems for reduced harmonics
- RoHS compliant
Please use the Industrysearch form for more information.