In addition to rectangular stock, the nesting engine can also use irregular or remnant stock from previous nests. It also supports special nests for right-angled shears or for multiple-torch cutters. Intelligent part rotation and filler part placement help get the best stock utilization.
Assemblies can be defined and saved in a library, for easy reuse in all nesting jobs.
- Metacam's nesting engine has a palette of nesting algorithms to suit different needs. The tight integration with MetaCAM offers benefits that third-party nesting engines can never match.
- Reading from MetaCAM parts, the nesting engine directly generates Metacam layouts, greatly simplifying workflow.
- In addition to rectangular stock, the nesting engine can also use irregular or remnant stock from previous nests.
- It also supports special nests for right-angled shears or for multiple-torch cutters.
- The nesting system has a tool conflict resolution system that can help untangle even the most complex nesting schedules. The system can keep track of the turret load on your machines, and will re-configure nested patterns to minimize time consuming tool changes.
- You can throw a set of disparate parts with different turret loads into a nest, and the conflict resolution system will automatically or interactively guide you to resolving tool conflicts.
- The variety of conflict resolution methods allow you to remain in control, while the centralized interface lets you focus on the task at hand.
- Metacam can break away low efficiency nests that can be renested using a different nesting algorithm or a smaller sheet size. Easily retool parts from one machine to another and save them to a new location. Automatically sequence and Generate NC code for all nesting patterns generated with a single mouse click. Get Comprehensive Nesting Reports for all sheets with total qty of parts nested and Sheets used.
- Keep track of your nesting efficiencies by Part Weight, Area Utilization of Parts, Slugs and Skeletons Build and Maintain Metacam Assemblies that can be easily loaded to run standard nest runs. Automate your nesting process by feeding text based input files to run nests in the background.
- Punch Part Report, Laser Report, Custom Laser Reports can be generated and stored as EMF or PDF files. These travel documents hold all data related to the Part.
- User can define custom layouts as per the requirements of their shop.
For more information, download the Nesting PDF