The company is a fabricator of metal enclosures.
- Customer receives heavy steel coils on pallets that need to be tilted 90º so they are horizontal and ready to be loaded onto unwinders.
- Coils are approx 950mm diameter and 1,600kg in weight
Tilting the coils and support pallet through 90º must be safe and controlled. Some companies ‘flip’ coils using forklift tynes, but this is unsafe and damaging to product.
- The Safetech AT2-90 hydraulic Tilter was chosen for its’ simplicity of operation, safety and controlled movement of the heavy coil.
- A V-shaped cradle securely supports the round coil so it cannot slide or roll
- Cradle also has a space for pallet
Benefits of this product:
- Tilter can be easily relocated within factory by forklift
- Plugs into a 3 phase outlet
- Gentle tilting process = no damage to product
- Can be used by any personnel with minimal training for safe operation
- Tilts loads both directions so coil can be tilted onto or off a pallet
- Forklift roll handling products are expensive and tie up a forklift
- Tipping coils by overbalancing damaged outer layers