Composite Shank and DeVibrator Boring Bars with Through Coolant
Carbide DeVibrator bars are designed for use in overhang to bar diameter ratios greater than 6:1.
Custom-designed configurations are available for both small and large complex jobs.
Special design features include stepped diameter and elliptical or tapered shanks.
Tuneable Boring Bars
Kennametal tuneable boring bars are manufactured with an internal dampening package designed to eliminate chatter in deep hole boring applications.
We not only manufacture standard tuneable boring bars as listed, but Kennametal also has the capability to design and manufacture just about any style or size of tuneable products.
Boring bars, extensions, holders, rotating adapters, and modular sections are a few examples of products manufactured with tuning packages. Our patented tuneable bar system provides significant improvements in metalcutting productivity.
Features and Benefits
- Machine at extended lengths without chatter or vibration.
- Increase depth of cut and material removal rates at extended overhangs.
- Hold tighter tolerances and reduce scrap rates.
- Provides tool application range from 6:1 to 10:1 length-to-diameter ratios.
- Delivers improved tool life.
- Boring bars are shipped pre-tuned from the factory for a 10:1 application range.
- At the machine, boring bars may be fine-adjusted, by hand tuning, to achieve optimum cutting conditions.