- Only system specifically designed for Bacillus
- Simple and easy-to-use 24 reaction system
- Results in 48 hours
- New Microgen ID system software
- Substrates used are based on conventional methods
- Removes the need for microscopic endospore morpohology
Microgen Bacillus-ID has been developed for the identification of mesophilic Bacillus spp. and related genera isolated from food, food ingredients and beverages either as food spoilage or food poisoning organisms. B. cereus and to a lesser extent B. licheniformis are well known as causative agents of food poisoning.
Numerous other species and related genera including B. pumilus, B. thuringiensis, B. brevis, B. mycoides, Paenibacillus alvei, B. Circulans and B. sphaericus have also been reported as causing food poisoning.
The identification of these species has been difficult due to a combination of factors including:
- Confusion over the taxonomy of Bacillus spp.
- Variable performance in conventional biochemical test media
- Extensive range of conventional biochemical media required
- Reliance on microscopic endospore morphology
Microgen Bacillus-ID overcomes all of these problems with a simple and convenient identification system presented in a convenient microwell format.
As with all Microgen Bioproducts biochemical ID systems Microgen Bacillus-ID is supported by the simplest-to-use and most feature-packed Computer Identification System Software (MGMID60)