- A Burnley Baffle module consists of pivoting and fixed blades.
- The sets of modules are provided to fill the open inlet face of a hopper.
- When material is dumped into the hopper the fixed blades direct the material to flow over the pivoting blades.
- The weight of the material causes these blades to swing clear allowing the material to pass into the hopper.
- The dust generated from the material falling into the hopper cannot escape because the hopper is only open where the material is entering.
- An 80% to 85% reduction in the size of dust collector and fan is achievable with the use of Burnley Baffles.