An air boom is a low-cost inflatable boom which is easy to store, fast to deploy and ideal for use in calm or sheltered waters.
When not in use, mini air booms can be stored in small spaces, making them ideal for spill trailers and speciality wheelie bin spill kits.
- Mini air booms are a cost-effective containment boom providing excellent wave-following performance.
- This air boom features an integral 100mm diameter air chamber that supports a 150mm-wide weighted skirt creating a total height of 250mm.
- Air boom is manufactured in high visibility yellow 650gsm PVC material in 15 metre segments.
- Special end connectors (ASTM) allow multiple air boom sections to be joined together easily.
- Unlike absorbent booms, the mini air boom is reusable.
- The mini air boom can be inflated by a mouth piece or foot pump. One 15m length can be inflated within a minute.
- Mini air inflatable boom is lightweight, easy to handle, easy to clean and easy to repair.
- Requires minimal storage space and is ideal for storing on reels.
Dimensions: 1500 x 25 cm
Notes about oil containment booms:
Floating booms or impervious barriers that trap oil on the water’s surface are universally called oil containment booms. They are generally manufactured from PVC or urethane material and are able to withstand the harsh conditions and elements typically found at an oil spill. Oil containment booms typically consist of the following elements:
- Freeboard – the part of the boom above the water’s surface. Designed to deflect or contain an oil spill.
- Skirt – the impervious barrier below the water’s surface. Skirt depth varies according to boom type.
- Ballast – located at the bottom of the skirt and keeps the boom upright in the water.
- Connectors – allow multiple boom lengths to be joined together to form one long continuous barrier.
Australian Made and Owned