Type 440 series cable is mainly installed as a flexible feeder trailing cable for power supply to machinery and mobile equipment.
- Rated voltage range: 1.1kV - 22kV
- Conductor operating temp: -25oC - 90oC
- Emergency conductor temp: 130oC
- Short circuit temp: Max. 250oC for 5 sec
- Max working tension: 20N/mm2 of the total cross-sectional area of phase conductor
The maximum conductor temperatures specified are based on the properties of the insulation material but in practice may need to be derated to take account of joints and terminations and environmental conditions.
The emergency conductor temperatures are applicable for an average over several years, of not more than four times in any 12 consecutive months.
- 3 x phase cores: Flexible stranded tinned annealed copper conductor, covered with conductor screen (1.1/1.1kV - polyester barrier tape, 3.3/3.3kV and above - polyester barrier tape and extruded semi conductive tape), Ethylene Propylene Rubber (EPR) insulation, and semi-conductive tape insulation screen
- Cradle separator: Elastomeric material to AS/NZS 2802
- Composite screen (earth conductor): Tinned annealed copper braiding interwove with polyester yarn
- 3 x interstitial pilots: EPR covered flexible stranded tinned copper conductor interstitial pilots
- Sheath: Extra heavy duty elastomeric: XHD-90-CSP (Standard), XHD-90-CPE or XHD-85-PCP