Hofmann Engineering Pty Ltd has complete design, manufacturing, assembly and testing facilities to produce your mining truck parts.
The process involves strip and assessment, product improve, assembly and testing of all components and
meets all internationally recognised gearing standards and quality assurance standards. Hofmann Engineering Pty Ltd also provides site inspection, consultancy, machining and installation.
Our product range incorporates both Mechanical and Electric final drive transmissions and associated
components for the following mining trucks:
CATERPILLAR: 797, 793, 789, 785, 777, 772, 771 series.
KOMATSU: 930E, 830E, 730E & 630E series.
GE WHEEL MOTORS: 772, 776, 787 & 788 series.
HITACHI: EH5000, EH4500, EH4000, EH1700 etc.
LIEBHERR: T282, T262 & T252 series.
SPINDLE RE-MANUFACTURING PROBLEMS
- Finite Element Analysis of the spindle showing the structural integrity.
- Stress analysis through tensional loading and vertical loading.
- Cracking at the bearing area and spline was due to high stress.
- Crack detection and defect assessment.
- Metallurgical and heat treatment analysis of the parent material.
- Machine away cracked area and submerged arc build up and remachine to as new condition.
- Heat treatment and controlled induction hardening of spline area 52-56HRc to prevent fatigue cracking.