Since then Mitsubishi has become the world market leader in this sector, with over 8 million of its compact controller installations to its credit.
With their compact dimensions and low cost compact controllers have opened up new perspectives in industrial automation. Many applications for which automation was once not even an option can now benefit from the many advantages of these controllers.
The FX3U series that is now being launched worldwide is the third generation Mitsubishi Electric's extremely successful family of compact PLCs. The new flagship line once again sets new standards - and not only in the compact controllers class. The FX3U takes compact controllers into another dimension, delivering performance that was formerly the exclusive domain of larger control systems in a compact package.
The FX family now includes four independent but fully mutually-compatible product lines:
What can you expect from the MELSEC FX series?
- Worldwide compatibility - Thanks to their wide power supply range the FX controllers can be used all over the world.
- Internationally approved - MELSEC FX controllers conform to all major international industrial standards and maritime classifications.
- Flexible solutions - The base unit can be combined with optional expansion and special function modules to configure a system that is precisely geared to the needs of your application.
- Simple programming - Complex functions can be combined and executed with a single instruction.
- Speed - The entire FX family has always set the standards for execution speed (FX3U: 0.065µs per logical instruction).
- Compatibility - The four lines in the FX family are different and independent products, but they are still fully compatible with one another.