They feature an electronically tuned front end and therefore have a wide switching bandwidth of 22 MHz on VHF mid band, 26 MHz on VHF Hi band and 35MHz on UHF bands.
Models can be supplied for all commercial and military FM frequency bands from 35 MHz to 520 MHz. The KG208 mobile transceiver is supplied with a 16 Key DTMF keypad that supports both DTMF encoding and decoding as well as 5 tone Selective Calling encoding and decoding.
The KG208 includes features such as ANI, Memory calling, Emergency calling, Transmit Time Limiter, Power Down Timer, Voice Encryption, Calling Party Number Display, Personal ID Number, and other security features all as standard equipment.
Thus purchasers of the Kyodo KG208 portable are purchasing a Japanese made product with “state of the art technology” which will have a longer useful service life before the product becomes overtaken by technological advances.
The RF Power Output is up to 25 Watts with two different power settings being available on a per channel basis. CTCSS is included and supports all EIA tones. Different encode and decode tones can be set on a per channel basis during radio programming.
Various Scanning and Priority Scanning functions are also supported by the standard software. The KG208 features a rugged die-cast aluminium chassis and control head, with metal covers top and bottom.
The detachable control head is “O” ring sealed to resist the ingress of dust and moisture. The control head can also be remotely mounted up to 5 metres from the radio part with the optional remote mounting kit. Internally, the KG208 is constructed using Surface Mounting Technology components.
Surface Mounted components are used throughout as their mass is much less than normal leaded components thus enhancing reliability and longevity. Additionally, the absence of troublesome leaded components and wires further enhance the reliability of the transceiver.
The KG208 is fitted with a large LCD that can display up to 8 alphanumeric characters. All user interface keys and knobs are conveniently located on the front of the radio. All user entered functions are easily activated in a logical manner via the keypad.
The KG208 is supplied with an antenna fly-lead with "N" Type connector to allow easy connection of the antenna feeder cable in congested vehicle installations.
- One or two frequency simplex operation.
- 12.5KHz and 25/30KHz Channel spacing.
- Wide 22 - 35 MHz non-tuning bandwidth.
- Field programmable with an IBM-PC or compatible computer.
- Up to 200 channels or up to 100 channels with 8 digit channel labelling feature.
- “Kill Mode” to disable to radio and prevent unauthorised use.
- Emergency mode.
- Key Lock facility.
- CTCSS or DCS on a per channel basis.
- Internal Voice Encryption unit.
- 5 tone Selcall encoder/decoder with Automatic Number Identification (ANI) facility and DTMF Encoder/Decoder.
- Transmit High or Low power settings on a per channel basis.
- Transmit Time Limiter to prevent channel jamming.
- Receive Time Limiter to conserve battery should the radio be left “ON”
- Several Scanning modes.
- Large 8 digit alpha-numeric LCD display with backlight.
- Self Diagnostics display on LCD in event of fault status.