In this section, we also cover Mobility of staff outside of the office using the Mobile Office component of Enterprise Interaction Centre (EIC), the all in one Microsoft IP PBX.
While it is possible to implement a wireless voice solution by bolting a third party gateway to your existing phone system, one generally gets far more features by implementing a solution manufactured by the phone system vendor.
DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) is a flexible digital radio access standard for cordless communications in residential, corporate and public environments.
Speech quality in a DECT system is very high, thanks to the digital radio techniques applied. ADPCM digital voice coding technology also ensures compatibility with ISDN. In a multi-cell system such as a cordless PBX, handover from cell to cell is fully transparent to the user.
The DECT standard makes use of several advanced digital radio techniques to achieve efficient use of the radio spectrum; it delivers high speech quality and security with low risk of radio interference and low power technology.
The DECT-over-IP solution combines the advantages of both DECT and IP technologies. Clients enjoy the mobility of DECT and the cost effectiveness of IP networks.
Just like IP telephones, the DECT base stations are plugged into IP sockets and identify themselves automatically in the network. They then link the IP network to conventional DECT telephones or system terminals.
Mobile Office for Enterprise Interaction Centre:
It is designed to allow business users – especially those who frequently travel – to stay connected to the office using an external phone, such as a cell phone.
Interaction Mobile Office allows users to listen, manage, and respond to their emails, faxes and voicemails. It even allows users to access private telephone number in the company directory by just saying, “Call Peggy Gritt’s cell phone”.
Along with these uses, changing your Interaction Client’s status can now be done over the phone just by saying “Change my status to ‘In a meeting’. With these verbal options, no one is stranded when they are without an Internet connection and can still act as if they are in the office as they are driving to a meeting.
Features supported in Interaction Mobile Office:
- Accessing Change of Interaction Client Status: includes recognition of most out of the box status, including simple to change XML tags for customer status listings and possibly a simple handler change.
- Accessing Email: provides user access to Inbox folder only and supports the following actions:
- Play new message
- Play saved message
- Send message to
- Save message
- Accessing Voicemail: provides user access to all voicemail messages currently stored in users Inbox and supports the following actions:
- Play new voicemails
- Send message to
- Play saved voicemails
- Save message
- Accessing Faxes: provides user access to Inbox folder only and supports the following actions:
- Play new faxes
- Play saved faxes
- Accessing Company Directory: this provides access to the company directory to place calls to members work, mobile, or home phone numbers