The inlet and outlet is inline to fit most piping arrangements. The inlet area is designed as a first stage separator, allowing particles that have a heavy density to settle out before reaching the screen. The retention drain has a large holding capacity. This drain is not located in the normal flow area so that it does not experience any agitation or fluid velocity.
The unit is designed for continuous cleaning cycle or a timed cleaning cycle. The valve on the blow off connection can be timed, cycled for cleaning, or manually operated.
This unit has rails to aide in the removal of the screen and in the adjustment of the scraper blade. When adjusting the scraper blade, the screen can be manually turned for fine adjustment. The screen and scraper blade is a one piece sub-assembly. All screens are fabricated and machined for a tight tolerance and true running surface. The blade can be manufactured from various metals and plastics.
Absolute Filters Competitive Advantage
- Inline pipeline design - For lower setup costs and more efficient flow
- Rotating perforated screen - One piece basket assembly with sealed bearings for tight seals and durability (Wedge wire screen on application)
- Adjustable scraper blade - Allows ~ ne adjustment for varying scraping tolerances
- Large retention drain - Able to collect debris and particles away from the normal flow area
Applications of the Model 763 Horizontal Automatic Self-Cleaning Strainer
- Chemical and Ethanol - Slurry process/recycle
- Process Industries - Protect heat exchangers, pumps, valves, and water spray nozzles
- Power Industry - Protect heat exchangers, pump seals, and boiler wash water nozzles
- Pulp and Paper - White water and black liquor filtration
- Wastewater Treatment - Straining secondary effluent, spray nozzles, and service water