The NI CompacDAQ Modular Data Acquisition Systems for USB and Ethernet provide sensor and electrical measurements on the benchtop, in the field and on the production line. An NI CompactDAQ system consists of a chassis, NI C Series I/O modules, and a Windows host computer connected over USB or Ethernet.
NI designed its hardware and software components to be interchangeable. With the same modules and software application, a system for quick lab tests using USB today can be deployed across the factory floor using Ethernet tomorrow.
NI CompactDAQ chassis control the timing, synchronization, and data transfer between a host computer and up to eight C Series I/O modules. A single NI CompactDAQ chassis can manage multiple timing engines to run up to seven separate hardware-timed I/O tasks at different sample rates in the same system. For example, you can install a 75 S/s thermocouple module next to a 51.2 kS/s accelerometer module and acquire from both simultaneously.
To learn more about how NI CompactDAQ chassis work, view the NI CompactDAQ Technology white paper.
You can choose from more than 50 NI C Series modules for different measurements including thermocouple, voltage, resistance temperature detector (RTD), current, resistance, strain, digital (TTL and other), accelerometers, and microphones. Channel counts on the individual modules range from 3 to 32 channels to accommodate a wide range of system requirements.
- Standard Module Types
- Bridge-based sensor
- Accelerometer and microphone
NI-DAQmx driver software is included with NI CompactDAQ and more than 200 other National Instruments DAQ devices. NI-DAQmx provides ease of use, flexibility, and high performance on multiple programming platforms, including NI LabVIEW, NI LabWindows™/CVI, ANSI C/C++, C#, and Microsoft Visual Basic .NET. Features of NI-DAQmx Driver Software include:
- Configure and test hardware with interactive panel
- Perform self-test sequence
- Create simulated device
- Reference wiring diagrams and documentation
- Save, import, and export configuration files
- Create NI-DAQmx tasks with a step-by-step wizard
- Add timing, triggering, and synchronization to your measurements
- Generate code automatically for LabVIEW, C/C++, and Visual Basic .NET
- Apply user-defined scaling operations
- Interact with NI-DAQmx virtual channels
- Create custom displays to graph and visualize your data
- Continuously stream data to disk by enabling data logging for specified channels
- NI LabVIEW Graphical Programming
- ANSI C and C++
- Microsoft Visual Studio
For more information, please click here.