The MA-600HBF standard configuration employs 3 sensors – one located 1 metre from each side of the filter bed and 1 in the centre. Data from the MA-600HBF is typically used to control the vacuum pressure or belt speed, the objective of which is to ensure that the moisture of the filter cake is maintained with set point limits.
Callidan Instruments is the only company who manufactures a purpose-built online microwave moisture analyser for horizontal belt filters.
The MA-600HBF is suitable for use on:
• Copper concentrate
• Coal filter cake
• Iron ore concentrate
• Lead and Zinc concentrate
• Nickel concentrate
• Most metallic and non metallic mineral concentrates as well as organic concentrates
• Superior Precision and Accuracy
• Belt Scale not required
• Non Contact
• Non Nucleonic
• Low Whole of Life Costs
• Easy to Install
• Seamless Plant Integration
• Remote Access Calibration & Servicing
• Analyzes 100% of the material on the conveyor from top to bottom.
• Uses MoistScan® patented microwave technology which is the most popular microwave technology on the market for measuring moisture in bulk materials.
• Measures the bed depth of the material to compensate for mass flow rate. Other microwave analysers often require an input from a beltweigher or a radioactive source
• No contact with the material
• No radioactive source is required
• As no beltweigher or radioactive source is required the ongoing costs associated with servicing and regulatory compliance is minimal.
• No wearing parts
• No consumables
• Fully assembled and easily bolts to the stringer supports of the conveyor
• Wide range of communication options for transmitting data to Plant PLC
• Cost-effective remote communication access for periodic checking of calibration