Whilst MoistScan® is primarily used in the mining, agriculture, food, building materials and bio fuels industries, the versatility of our innovative technology means that it can be applied to virtually any material. There are some exceptions but these relate more to the specifics of the application rather than the composition of the material itself.
Other examples where MoistScan® has been used include: • To control the residence time of pharmaceutical compounds whilst the batch is in a fluid bed dryer • To measure the moisture of welding rods on the outlet to a dryer for quality control If your application is unique please contact us and enquire about our MoistScan® Custom Design Service.
Welcome to MoistScan® - the global leader in online moisture analysis.
Developed by Callidan Instruments, MoistScan® employs state-of-the-art microwave technology to accurately measure moisture in a wide-range of bulk materials.
Unlike other technologies such as near infrared (NIR), radio frequency (RF), conductance and capacitance, MoistScan® analyses 100% of the material identifying variations in moisture throughout the entire profile. The MoistScan® patented microwave transmission technique combined with Callidan's extensive application knowledge ensures that MoistScan® online microwave moisture analysers operate with the highest precision.
MoistScan® employs state-of-the-art microwave technology to accurately measure moisture levels in a wide range of bulk materials. These include:
• Agriculture - wheat, rice, maize, corn, sorghum, food grains, feed grains, fertilisers
• Bio-fuels - bagasse, woodchip, wood flake, pulp, sawdust, hog fuel
• Building materials - cement, MDF board, particle board, panel board, clay
• Food - cheese, butter, snack foods, breakfast cereals, pasta
• Minerals - coal, iron ore, bauxite, nickel, aluminum, lead, zinc, copper, concentrate, sinter, filter cake, pellets
Our technology is used by industry throughout the world to:
• Improve plant productivity
• Increase production efficiency
• Control product quality
• Improve material handle-ability
• Implement dry tonnage accounting
• Improve product specification compliance
• Improve occupational, health and safety associated with material handling; and
• Meet environmental obligations associated with dust emission control.
Models include the MoistScan®:
• On-belt conveyor moisture analyser
• In-pipe moisture sensor
• Screw feeder-auger meter
• Vertical-rotary disc filter analyser
• Horizontal belt filter meter
• Hopper - chute sensor
• Bulk sample bench top analyzer
MoistScan® - practical, proven, process technology.