All cables and hoses are suspended from a roof mounted monorail beam which provides a series of support trolleys with the ability to compress as the Longwall face retreats. Upon full compression a power move takes place.
Air or emulsion powered traction drive units are used to perform the power move, eliminating the need for ancillary equipment.
Longwall monorail system features:
- Eliminates personal injury attributed to manhandling heavy cables and hoses
- Substantially reduces down-time and loss of production as a result of equipment damage
- Reduces the risk of injury resulting from an impeded walkway area
- All componentry is off the mine floor
- Eliminates the need for large diesel and/or battery equipment, winch-ropes or similar within the work area as the system is fully integrated
- The self-sufficient nature of the system reduces the downtime during a power move; the time taken to relocate services is minimal
- Modular design integrated with transportation sleds facilitates a highly efficient and damage free means of installation and end of panel relocations