Typically it has a cutting tip speed 90% less than a high speed macerator system and also much lower vibration and noise levels.
Being of a compact size for the smaller capacity flows, the unit operates as an independent unit for open channel or pipeline configuration. When combined with a Mono pump, the package provides a highly efficient sewage pumping system.
The SB Muncher carries a 3 year warranty when installed to Mono's recommendations.
This Muncher is also very effective when macerating waste water sludges containing heavy and fibrous material.
Features and Benefits of SB Munchers:
- Mono ETOS cutters offer positive and effective solids grinding
- Cantilever shaft design with no bottom bearings or seals, to minimise maintenance costs
- Low cutter tip speeds ensure power is not wasted in 'water horsepower' and abrasive wear rates are minimised
- Low speed also results in lower noise and vibration levels
- One piece cutter/box bearing housing to provide a simple, compact construction
- 3 year warranty on raw sewage applications for pipeline units
- Each Muncher is supplied with a programmable logic controller (PLC) to protect the machine against damage and overloads