The MVI56E-MCM and MVI56E-MCMXT act as input/output modules on the ControlLogix backplane, making Modbus data appear as I/O data to the processor. Data transfer to and from the processor is asynchronous from the communications on the Modbus network. Two independently-configurable serial ports can operate on the same or different Modbus networks. Each port can be configured as a Modbus Master or Slave, sharing the same user-controlled 5000-word database.
The two modules are functionally the same. The MVI56E-MCM is designed for standard process applications. The MVI56E-MCMXT is designed for the Logix-XT control platform, allowing it to operate in extreme environments, at higher operating temperatures, and has a conformal coating to protect it from harsh or caustic conditions.
ProSoft Configuration Builder (PCB) provides a PC-based software configuration solution for quick and easy management of ProSoft Technology modules, as well as viewing module and network diagnostics. PCB provides an excellent diagnostic tool for the module when used with CIPconnect technology, providing communication over local and remote chassis. The Setup Guide and sample configuration provide a quick start up with step by step instructions on how to move data from the Modbus network to the controller.
Features and Benefits
- All MVI56E products are backward-compatible with earlier MVI56 modules allowing direct replacement without the need to change existing controller programs
- Enjoy Enhanced features and flexibility without incurring expensive reprogramming costs
RSLogix 5000 Integrated
- Module configuration and communication is integrated within RSLogix 5000
- No additional programming or configuration software is required
- Add-On Instruction for RSLogix 5000 version 16 or higher cuts development time and costs
- ProSoft Configuration Builder software (PCB), with CIPconnect, facilitates remote user access across the ControlLogix backplane through Rockwell Automation's 1756-ENBT module
- Configure, diagnose, and analyze process data and communications status
- CIPconnect can bridge through multiple ENBT/CNBT links to connect to MVI56E-MCMs installed in remote chassis for configuration and diagnostics
4-digit LED Display
- A scrolling display for easily-understood, plain English diagnostic and error information
- See critical configuration and status information without having to hook up to the port
- Local and remote diagnostics access available through the Ethernet Port
- Backward-compatible with previous MVI56-MCM version
- Single Slot - 1756 ControlLogix backplane compatible
- 10/100 MB Ethernet port for configuration with Auto Cable Crossover Detection
- User-definable module data memory mapping of up to 5000 16-bit registers
- CIPconnect-enabled network configuration and diagnostics monitoring using ControlLogix 1756-ENxT modules and EtherNet/IPpass-thru communications
- Sample Ladder Logic or Add-On Instruction (AOI) used for data transfers between module and processor and for module configuration
- 4-character, scrolling LED display of status and diagnostic data in plain English
- ProSoft Discovery Service (PDS) software finds the module on the network and assigns a temporary IP address to facilitate module access
- Adjustable Modbus floating point data support in Enron, Daniels and other formats
- Powerful Modbus network analyzer diagnostics using ProSoft Configuration Builder
- Optional ladder logic functions, like Command Control, Event Commands, and Slave Disable/Enable functions, give users the option to place normally automatic Modbus polling under logic control for special situations.
- Error codes, network error counters, and port status data available in pre-defined controller tag arrays or may be stored in user data memory